- Karem Chokmani: professor at the Eau Terre Environnement Center of INRS and director of the Laboratory for environmental remote sensing by drone (TED)
- Alec Gagnon and Frédéric Forest: undergraduate intern, Robotics Engineering, University of Sherbrooke
- Parham Nooralishahi, graduate student, Electrical Engineering, Université Laval
- William Goulet: 1st cycle intern, Mechanical Engineering, Laval University
- Jimmy Poulin: Research Professional, Geomatics, INRS
Water sampling system
Drone-based surface water sampling system
As part of this partnership project, the DroneXperts team supports the university team in the different phases of the project. It uses its technical and technological expertise as well as its teams of experienced pilots and its fleet of drones. After a series of laboratory tests, flight tests were successfully carried out on December 22 on Lac St-Charles, north of Quebec City.
1. The INRs University team
2. Industrial partner: DroneXperts
Start date of partnership: 2019
- Patrick Chatelle: Environment/R&D Director
3. FundingProgram: Accelerate MITACSSEP Program: Partnership Engage Grant
About INRSINRS is a university establishment dedicated exclusively to research and graduate training. Since its creation in 1969, it has actively contributed to the economic, social and cultural development of Quebec. INRS is 1st in Quebec and Canada in terms of research intensity.It is made up of four interdisciplinary research and training centers, located in Quebec City, Montreal, Laval and Varennes, which focus their activities in strategic sectors: Water Earth Environment, Energy Materials Telecommunications, Urbanization Culture Society and Armand-Frappier Health Biotechnology. Its community has over 1,500 student, postdoctoral fellow, faculty and staff members.
The INRS Environmental Remote Sensing Drone Laboratory
You are interested in our surface water sampling system ?